Here at Kuntz Truck Repair, we’ve saved customers countless hours of waiting around at their local DOT for inspection by doing the inspection ourselves. We understand that every second you spend off the road is a second your losing money. We pride ourselves on our quick, efficient, and effective services.
Not only do our inspections keep you compliant with the DOT, but they’ll also offer insight into where preventative maintenance needs to be undertaken. Proactively maintaining areas of concern will save you a ton of money, and keep you on the road for much longer than a reactive approach.
- Driver’s License (must be valid and up to date)
- Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Certification
- Record of Duty Documentation
- Hours of Service Documentation
- Vehicle Inspection Reports
Vehicle Components Checked
- Seat Belts: Seat belts will be checked for condition and functionality.
- Brake System: This includes all components of air-brake systems, drum brakes, and disc brakes.
- Electrical Systems: Technicians will run codes on your heavy-duty vehicle to identify any areas of concern.
- Engine and Battery Compartments
- Steering: This includes tierods, steering columns, and hydraulic steering systems.
- Suspension: This includes all major suspension components, as well as bushings, mounts, and bearings.
- Exhaust Systems
- Fuel System: Including fuel injection systems.
- Frames: Checks for body rust and corrosion.
- Vehicle Body Condition
- Load Securement
- Windshield Wipers
For more information about what’s involved in a DOT inspection, feel free to give one of our industry experts a call. They’ll be more than happy to go over the details with you and sign you up for an appointment if you wish to do so.